Tuesday, July 22, 2014

week 66 Pioneer children sang as they walked and walked and walked....

July 21, 2014

Ola!

Happy almost Pioneer day! As the subject line of this email suggests we walked, and walked, and walked, and walked this week. Our bishop wants us to find a lot of less actives and since our area is huge we end up walking a lot. But we did find some less actives so that was great!

Yesterday we had a noite familiar (FHE) with a less active family and our bishop came with us. It went really well and the wife and husband really want to come back to church. But its a hard transition, especially since the husband suffers with depression and hasnt left their house in a long time. But I really think that they will come back, they just need some good friends to help them. The miracle was what happened after we left. It was about 8:30 and to get to our house is a 45 minute walk so we were trying to walk really fast when suddenly a car pulled up next to us...it was the family we had just visited! The husband left the house! So amazing.

Lets see, the other thing that I will mention is I am still working on my goal to finish the Book of Mormon in Portuguese before I get home. I finished Mosiah last night so that was exciting. I am understanding a lot more and I dont have to use my english scriptures side by side with my Portuguese ones as much. So I guess my Portuguese is getting a little better. I know its only with Heavenly Father's help that I've been able to learn this much Portuguese. 

Well I hope you have a great week! Keep on smiling everyone!

Eu amo voces!

-Sister Kaycee Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment