Monday, July 7, 2014

Week 61 Cartas!

June 16, 2014

Ola!
 
This week was kind of different. We had zone conference and then the next day Brazil played in the World Cup. We have to stay in our apartment 2 hours before the game, during the game, and 2 hours after. So that was kind of weird, but I made the most of the time and studied a lot! I am so grateful for that extra time to study. Really though, I love studying about the gospel!
 
Zone Conference was in Vitoria so we had to ride a bus for 2 1/2 hours there and back, it was a long day. But it was awesome! There were 3 zones at this conference and I got to see so many people I know. I really didn't understand much of the actual meeting but that's ok. After the meeting we got our mail! Thank you mom, Baylee, and Sister Rasmussen for the letters, that definitely made me happy!
 
I read a talk this week by Jeffrey R. Holland and part of it really stuck out to me...`Pure Christlike love flowing from true righteousness can change the world.` I know this is true. I may not speak Portuguese but I can love people and show them love by my actions. A lot of people make fun of me because I don't understand a lot of Portuguese and I`ve really had to just keep smiling this week. I know Heavenly Father understands how difficult it is to learn a language and I am grateful for the love He shows me. These experiences also teach me that its so important to love everyone, no matter what trials or difficulties they have.
 
I hope you all have a  great week! Keep on smiling!
 
Eu amo voces!
-Sister Kaycee Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment