Monday, July 22, 2013

Week 9


Week 9 June 17

Oi!

 Tudo bem?! We were pretty busy this week, which was great! Most of you probably haven't heard but there was a fire here in Kennewick this week! Imagine our surprise when we got a message from Sister Perry (we live with the Perry's) saying- "sisters we have been put on an evacuation notice". Well that was a little scary. We pretty much went home packed up a little stuff then went right back to work. We didn't end up getting evacuated but that was kind of exciting ha ha.

 

 We taught a few lessons this week. I was getting a little frustrated one day because we visited with 2 families and every time I would try to say something someone would interrupt me. It was so frustrating to me because I wanted to contribute to the lessons a little bit. The very moment where I was thinking- oh well I guess I wont try to talk anymore I looked down at my scriptures and saw a scripture I had marked- "...know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good." For some reason that is exactly what I needed. Its kind of amazing how you can receive help without even asking sometimes. I definitely needed that scripture and it helped me realize that I have a lot more learning to do, and its probably going to be hard, but it will be worth it :)

 

 We also got transfer news this week. Annnddd...Sister Penrod is getting transferred! We were not expecting that at all since we haven't finished the 12 week training program. I think we were all thinking I'd get my visa before anyone got transferred...oh by the way...no word on my visa yet. But everything will be alright :)

 

 I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying your summer! Have a great week and keep on smiling!

 

Eu amo voces!

 -Sister Kaycee Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment