Monday, July 22, 2013

Week 11


Week 11 July 1

Oi!

 So this week ended up being a lot crazier then we expected. We ended up moving out of our apartment and into the Perry's house. I wont go into details why right now, but we had to do a lot of work on the apartment since there have been missionaries living in it for 20 years. So we did a lot of patching holes in the walls, cleaning, and we painted the entire apartment...so yeah, it was a lot of work. I have also discovered that paint and my running shoes do not mix very well...I somehow ended up stepping in the paint tray ha ha...don't worry my shoes are alright :)

 

 Yesterday we got to teach the 11-12 year old Sunday school class...all girls. I had forgotten how much 11-12 year old girls talk! We actually were asked to teach the class about 2 minutes before it started, so we had no idea what we were doing...it was great! The reason we were asked to teach was the teacher was frantically looking for someone to sub for her and another teacher told her- "ask the missionaries, they can help!" (Do you recognize that from one of Elder Neilson's talks?) We also were asked to come into the combined 5th Sunday ym/yw's and answer questions they had about serving a mission. That was so fun! 

 

 I think it was last week, my amazing sister Baylee, sent me a letter and a poem she got from someone. It had been kind of a rough day and a line in the poem really stuck out to me- "No matter what we go through, when we feel we can't take more, just stop and think about Jesus Christ, He's been there before." I know that is true and I am so grateful for that knowledge. I know Christ has felt everything I am feeling right now, that he has been in my shoes. He did so much for me and I know that I am never alone when I rely on Him. 

 

 Well I hope everyone is doing well! Have a great week and keep on smiling :)

 

Eu amo voce, 

 Sister Kaycee Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment