Sunday, June 16, 2013

Week 8 June 10


Week 8 June 10  Second Month

Oi!

 So I have been out 2 months as of today! It doesn’t seem like I've been gone that long. Oh, and by the way I did not copy Baylee's title ha ha...we must just think alike :)

 Summer finally hit Kennewick. It has gotten hot! Tracting when it’s hot is awful but we have to find new investigators somehow. For some reason this week no one would answer the door or the phone, it was so frustrating! But we made it through. We actually got a new investigator, which was pretty much a miracle for us. We had done service for this lady a few times and then a few days ago we taught her the first lesson and scheduled a church tour for tomorrow! I am so excited :)

 We have been getting to know a lot of the members in our wards this week. The people in the wards we cover are amazing! We were teaching a family in our ward about the Doctrine of Christ and they pretty much ended up teaching us instead! It was great :) The husband has gone through so much- cancer, brain surgery, a stroke. But he has such a great attitude about life. It definitely made me realize that my life is easy compared to so many people! It was humbling, and I needed that after thinking that my mission is so hard.

 This week I have been reading in 1st Nephi and I have come to the conclusion that Nephi was an awesome guy! The one thing that hit me the most was he Never complained and he Never gave up. I'm pretty sure I need to become more like Nephi :)

 Well I hope everyone is having a great week! Keep me updated on all the amazing things you all are doing :) Keep on Smiling!

 

Eu Amo Voces!

 -Sister Kaycee Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment