Monday, April 7, 2014

Week 51 Harmonicas and singing

April 7, 2014

Ola!

We had a really great experience this week with our recent convert Angie. Angie lives with and takes care of an older couple in the ward- the Glenn's. We stopped by 2 Sunday's ago and it turns out brother Glenn use to play the harmonica but really cant know because he cant get enough air. Well it just so happens that my district leader also plays the harmonica. So this week we took the elders with us and went to see Angie and the Glenn's. As Elder Johnson played the harmonica we sang. The spirit was so strong and it was great to see the Glenn's smiling because they have been really lonely lately. That was probably the best thing that happened this week :)

General conference was definitely one of the highlights of this week! I felt like so many of the talks were directed right at me and I got some answers to some questions I had in my head. I love it went that happens.

This week marks my 1 year mark (on April 10th)! Time has gone so fast. My mission hasnt been what I expected at all, I didnt think I would end up in the WKM for a year and then get my visa. My mission has been hard, just like every mission is.  But...even with all the hard parts of being a missionary I have learned and experienced so much good. I know what real joy is now. I know the power of the priesthood is real. I know what the atonement is and that its for me. I know Heavenly Father is always mindful of us. I know I have changed as a person and I want to change more. I know the path that I want to be on for the rest of my life. I know I want to be a missionary forever. I know the gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I still have 6 months left and I am excited to learn more :) Being a missionary is the best!

Well I hope you all have a great week! Keep on smiling :)

Eu amo voces!
-Sister Kaycee Davis

P.S.- It must be almost Easter or something...Hi we're missionbunnies from the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints! (these bunnies were on the front porch of a house we knocked on...no one answered the door.)








No comments:

Post a Comment