Monday, December 30, 2013

Week 37

December 30, 2013
Church tour...right now?

Oi!
 
Well this week was pretty great. I think the biggest reason why was because I got to talk to my family! That made me so happy. The biggest surprise was definitely getting to talk to Baylee, we both were not expecting that. And apparently we are still very much twins, we were wearing the same sweater ha ha.
 
Yesterday ended up being a little bit crazy. Our district leader and his companion had told us a few days before that one of their investigators and a less active member of their ward who are engaged will probably start going to our ward in the new year because I guess their was some drama going on in their ward. So we asked if we could meet them sometime so we would know who they are. Well at3:45 the elders texted us and asked if we could do a church tour at 4! Our ward ends at 4. We hadnt done a church tour in a long time so I quickly tried to review it with Sister Rasmussen. The building was still loud and full of people when they got there so we just talked for a little while. Then we started the tour. Our district leader disappeared for a little while to get some stuff set up and we led the tour with the other elder. I some how ended up teaching almost the entire thing by myself. I guess thats what happens when you've been out longer than the other 2 missionaries your with ha ha. At the end of the tour we invited the investigator to be baptized and he said that if it feels right he will do it :) So that was awesome! Our district leader showed up just in time for the closing prayer. He called us later and said that he had been ease dropping on our lesson! But that we did a great job for doing it at the last minute. I am so glad it went well. When you let the spirit be a part of your teaching it makes it so much more powerful. We have to have the spirit with us or else we really cant teach. (I hope this makes sense ha ha)
 
 We also went through our investigators and dropped a lot of people this week. But then we started seeing miracles! We got a new investigator! That was awesome and we were able to see some people we had not seen in a long time.
 
 Well I hope you all had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!
 
Eu amo voces!
 Sister Kaycee Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment