Monday, January 6, 2014

WEEK 38 2014

January 6, 2014

2014
Ola!

 A lot happened this week! We had the opportunity to do service twice this week which was awesome! I love doing service. Our district leader and his companion came with us for one of them because we were doing service for a single man and the elders already knew him so that was fun. That set of elders is always willing and ready to help us which is really nice and we really appreciate the help. 

 We saw a good thing happen from tracting this week. A few weeks ago we had dropped off an ensign with our investigator Ted and were walking back to our car and we started talking to a woman who was outside. It turns out she was sick and we ended up praying for her. Well Tuesday was crazy because we had to be in by 6 for New Years Eve. We didn't have the car that day and were walking to the church to change back into missionary clothes because we had been doing service and we got a call from that lady! She was crying and said she needed someone to talk to so we hurried and changed then ran to her house. She was having a really hard day because of some family things that had been going on for a while, so we listened and shared a scripture and said we would come by and see her again soon. We went back yesterday and it turns out that she wants to learn more about the church! Tracting might seem pointless sometimes but it still does work :)

 I cant believe its already 2014...crazy! Time is going so fast. I also will hit my 9 month mark this Friday! I really want to make the most out of these next 9 months.

 I found a quote a week or two ago that I really like by President Monson- "I promise you that you will one day stand aside and look at your difficult times, and you will realize that He was always there beside you." I know this is true. It hasnt been easy being a visa waiter, and being a missionary is not always easy. But I know He is always there. He Knows exactly what we go through every day and I'm grateful that someone does. I hope that I can always remember this.

Well I hope you have a great week! Keep on smiling :)

Eu amo voces!
 -Sister Kaycee Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment