Monday, March 3, 2014

Week 46 Olhos (eyes)

March 3, 2014

Ola!
Well this week was interesting...so I have pink eye...so gross! It started Friday afternoon in my right eye, then I woke up Saturday with it in both eyes. Luckily my district is awesome and so on Saturday I was able to send Sister Steen out with the other sisters and I stayed home with Sister Black. Then on Sunday all 4 elders in my district came and gave us both blessings (Sister Steen is having some back problems). I am so grateful for worthy priesthood holders. By the way...my eyes are doing so much better today :) The power of priesthood blessings is real.
One interesting thing about being a missionary is there are a lot of days when you wake up and you just want to go back to bed and sleep for a couple more hours, but you dont. Then when you get sick and have to stay in all you want to do is go out and get back to work. Staying inside for two days has been hard and I am ready to work again. 

We had a really slow week, but one thing we did was a role play with our district leader and his companion. We have been struggling with our door approach and with teaching. So we got to role play with the elders and one of the young men from their ward. It was fun, and I definitely learned some things I need to work on, like bearing my testimony more often.  Our district leader said he wasnt going to be easy on us and he wasnt which was good, even if it made Sister Steen cry ha ha. But our door approach has really improved in the last few days, which is great :) I really dont like role playing but I know it helps a lot.
Well I hope you have a great week! One thing I've really learned lately is that a good attitude is really important...so...keep on smiling!
Eu amo voces!
-Sister Kaycee Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment