Monday, January 20, 2014

Week 40

January 19, 2014
Ola Familia!

This was a great week! We taught so many lessons, more than I have ever taught before in
 one week on my mission. I love teaching about the gospel. 

 We had specialized training this week and I learned so much. The main topic
was asking inspired questions. We were told to "go to Heaven" for our inspired 
questions. Asking inspired questions is hard but it does make a huge difference
 in our teaching I've noticed. Also our investigator Angie is back on date for being
 baptized on February 14th! She has to stop smoking but we think she will make it :)

We also had interviews with President Ware. He knew how frustrated I have been
 with my visa and he told me- "give your visa to the Lord." So that's one thing I did
 this week. Its amazing how much happier I have felt. I feel like a burden has been
 lifted off my back. I'm not worried about my visa anymore. It will come when its
 suppose to come and I shouldn't worry about something I have no control over.
 I know that when we really do turn to Christ that He is able to help us in ways that
 no one else can.He is my Savior.

 We had a guy come up to us this week and start talking to us as we were sitting
n our car waiting for the road to clear so we could turn. He said a lot of weird things,
 including...show me your fingers.What? We showed him our fingers and he asked 
why two beautiful girls like us aren't married. We tried to explain that we are only 20. 
Then he asked us if we were like nuns. Nope, we are not nuns ha ha..
.we might be a little bit like nuns but only for these 18 months. He was a really
 weird guy and he invited us to stop by sometime. I don't think we will be doing that
 any time soon ha ha.

Well I hope you have a great week everyone! Keep on smiling :)

Eu amo voces!
 -Sister Kaycee Davis 

P.S.- picture. We have a Sherwood forest here in Yakima! We tracted there this week :)


No comments:

Post a Comment