Monday, September 23, 2013

Week 23 Good bye Kennewick

September 23, 2013

Despedir-se de Kennewick

Oi!

So guess what?! I'm leaving Kennewick...no I did not get my visa but I am getting transferred to Yakima. Its a little bitter sweet to leave since I've been here since May but I am excited. I think the hardest part is saying goodbye to some of the people I've gotten to know really well. But I know Yakima will be just as great as Kennewick :)

I cant remember if I told you about our investigator Vanessa (we took her on a church tour a few weeks ago), but we had a cool experience with her this week. We had a lesson with her yesterday and before it even started she tells us that the Bible study class she had been going to at another church isn't as good as it used to be. She just doesn't like it and loves going to our church. She also told us she is already in 2 Nephi, and that all she wants to do in her free time is read the Book of Mormon! That was so awesome! Its amazing how some people are so prepared to accept the gospel and I am so grateful that I had the chance to help teach her. I would not be surprised if she is baptized soon. I think one of the greatest things about being a missionary is seeing peoples lives change as they accept the gospel. I can definitely feel the joy that the missionaries in the Book of Mormon say they have when someone accepts the gospel...its amazing :)

We had a little bit of an emergency this week. Remember when I ended up in the ER because of an allergic reaction? Well... that family signed up to feed us again on Wednesday and so we called to confirm the appointment and she says that she is going to make pancakes again and that feeding the missionaries pancakes is going to be her new tradition. AHHHH! So after a little bit of thought and me saying I am not eating gluten-free-almond- meal-pancakes-of-death a few times we ended up deciding to do exchanges. So we called the sister training leader and she agreed. I went to her area with her companion and she came with Sister Harris. I am so glad that worked out because I just really didn't feel like using an epipen or going to the ER again this week ha ha.

Well I hope everyone is having a great week! I am so excited for the womens session of general conference this weekend...tell me your favorite part if you watch it. Keep on smiling :)

Eu amo voces!
-Sister Kaycee Davis

P.S.- Pictures: Sister Harris and I. The other one is me, Sister Harris, Sister Gubler, and Sister Zinc. We had a meeting and then we all ended up at Subway (we get it free) and no one had planned it. So we ate lunch together at the church building by the temple. It was fun :) (Despedir-se de Kennewick= farewell to Kennewick)

No comments:

Post a Comment