Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Week 6 Kennewick, WA


Week 6            May 28, 2013              Kennewick, WA

Oi!

 Wow, what a crazy week! I have now been in Washington for a week and I have learned so much. Hmmm...where should I even start! I left the MTC last Tuesday. I was very lucky and one of the elders in my district carried my suitcases down the stairs for me ha ha. I really didn’t feel almost falling down the stairs again :) When I got to Washington it was pouring and only 48 degrees! It was so cold! The weather here is kind of crazy and it rains a lot, but rain is awesome!

 

 I am in a trio again. My trainer is Sister Funk and my other companion is Sister Penrod. Sister Penrod and I got into the mission field the same day so we are both new. Sister Funk has only been out 3 months and this is her first time training so this is a learning experience for all of us. We have been doing a lot of tracting, which I actually like! Most people we tract into are very happy with their religion and don’t want to change and also everyone here knows who we are because our area has been tracted so much! But all is well and I'm sure we will find someone to teach soon.

 

 Last night was interesting because we were driving and Sister Funk turned down a road and said, "I feel like we need to go this way" then a thought came into my head that we needed to go visit a member. The thought wouldn’t go away and so I told my companions and we were able to quickly find a place to park and look at our ward lists (yes, we cover 2 wards, its a little bit crazy!). Then Sister Penrod said do we have an England family in our ward, and we did! Its so amazing how the spirit speaks to everyone in different ways. We ended up going and seeing 2 families and I still dont know why the spirit prompted us to visit them, but hopefully we were able to say something they needed to hear.

 

 So in case you’re wondering...I have no idea when I'm going to get my visa! It’s definitely hard to be a visa waiter because people keep asking- "so who’s the sister whose not supposed to be here?" I guess that’s me. But I know for some reason I am supposed to be in Washington! If I was supposed to be in Brazil right now then Heavenly Father would have sent me straight to Brazil! But I'm here and I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve here  :)

 

 In my personal study I learned something that really touched me. I was studying patience in Preach my Gospel, because I really need to be more patient especially with myself. While I was studying a quote by Jeffrey R. Holland came into my mind- "why would we ever think it was easy for us when it was never easy for Him" That really made me think... how can I expect my mission to be easier when his never was? How can I expect people to listen to me when people didn’t listen to Him? It made me realize that things aren’t always going to be easy but through the atonement I can do so much. I know that Christ felt all of the discouragement, pain, and how tired I always am and that through Him I can do anything.

 

 Well, I think that’s about it! I hope everyone is doing well! Have a great week and keep on smiling :)

 

Eu amo voces!

 

-Sister Kaycee Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment