Saturday, May 4, 2013

Week 3


May 3, 2013

Oi!

 Tudo Bem?! (I think thats spelled right ha haha). So this week has been a little different. For one, we got new schedules this week so our P-day got moved to Friday. Our new schedule is great for the most part, except on one or two days we have language study (without a teacher) from 7:45-9. Last night we had language study at that time and I am pretty sure only 4 of us in the 14 people in my district were trying to study...that included me. I made a break through with Portuguese this week...well actually I realized that I am probably going to have to memorize everything I want to say because my brain just wont form sentences in Portuguese yet. You would think it would be the big words in a sentence that would mess me up, but no, its actually all the little words that I just cant remember. Its definitely a little frustrating but I have decided that this week I am going to work harder than ever so I can learn more Portuguese...wish me luck :)

 This morning was actually very crazy. One of the elders in my district had been called to the travel office 2 or 3 times and then this morning all of us sisters where in the laundry room when some of the elders run in and say- "Elder Perez got his visa and he is leaving in an hour and a half!" It was all so sudden and unexpected. Our district has gotten pretty close and its hard for all of us to think that someone wont be there anymore. I have had several people ask me if my visa is going to be here in time and chances are it wont. It seems like around 90% of missionaries going to Brazil are getting reassigned to another mission. So basically only 1 person from each district actually gets their visa. I find out my reassignment in about 2 weeks I think.

 Some of the highlights of my week were seeing some people I know from Las Cruces! In case your wondering who I saw I will tell you :) I saw Angelica Perez, twice, and she is doing great. I saw Amber Perez too. I had forgotten when Karli King was getting to the MTC so that was a great surprise when I saw her. And I saw Jeff Parry, who served his mission where I live. Seeing people I know makes me so happy, it really can make a bad day get better :) Oh, and by the way, thank you for all the letters. Getting mail is so great...I will write you back if you write to me. Another highlight this week was Baylee and I accidently dressed alike 3 times. It was a complete accident everytime ha ha. It confuses so many people, but i'ts so fun for us :)

 In choir this week the director said something interesting that has stuck with me- "If you think you can't do it, you are wrong. If you think you can't do it alone, you are right." So hopefully that helps someone, or makes you think. I really don't have time to explain why I liked that, but it has made me realize that I can't serve a mission or do anything without Heavenly Fathers help. He is always there to help us, even when we think no one is. That has brought me a lot of comfort to know that someone is always going to be there for me and I am never alone, and neither are you.

 So to sum up everything...I am doing well. Serving a mission is hard and I'm still just in the MTC but I am definitely where I am suppose to be and I cant imagine being any where else right now! I hope everyone has a great week! Keep on smiling :)

 

Eu amo voces, (I love you all)

 Sister Kaycee Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment