Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Week 5 Reassigned


Week 5            May 17, 2013              Reassigned

Ola!

 So a lot of things happened this week, but I will try to keep this as short as possible. First off...I got my reassignment! I will be leaving on Tuesday for the Washington Kennewick mission! I am so excited to be leaving the MTC and going out into the field. I am also excited that I will be teaching in English, I havent gotten to teach in English here at the MTC so that will be great.

 

 On Sunday in Relief Society our speaker was Janice Kapp Perry. She has written a lot of songs, like- "As Sisters in Zion" "I love to see the temple" "A child's Prayer" and lots of others. But the exciting thing is she wrote another verse to "As Sisters in Zion" and we got to sing it! So we were the first people to sing the new verse. One line of it was- "we go forth enlisted with Helaman's army" that line just really hit me. I am a missionary and I am going out to teach the gospel with a lot of other sisters and elders. I am part of an army of missionaries, that is such a great privilege and I am thankful for it.

 

 My district got to help host the new missionaries. I was really nervous at first but it was a great experience. The only bad thing...I almost fell down a flight of stairs...let me explain. A sister I was helping had really heavy bags and I had 2 of them. So we are walking down the stairs and one of them hit the back of my leg aaaannnndddd down goes Sister Davis ha ha. I caught myself, luckily, but that experience made me realize that I'm not going to be able to carry my own suitcases down the stairs, so I will be enlisting the help of one of the elders in my district on Tuesday to help me.

 

 The other big news of the week is Russell M. Nelson and his wife came and talked to us for Tuesday devotional! They are great speakers, I also sang in the choir which is always great. We sang- "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" I love that song and so that definitely made that night great. Elder Nelson and his wife talked about family history for the most part. But two thing not related to family history he said was- "...Lord's missionaries is a very significant title." and also "Obedience brings success, but exact obedience brings miracles." So yeah, don’t have time to explain those quotes but I hope you get something from them :) I am definitely going to be working on being very obedient, because I want to see miracles and I know I will if I am obedient.

 

 So, yeah, this week was crazy but pretty much the best week I've had at the MTC. I am almost out of time but I hope all of you know...I know this church is true. I know The Book of Mormon is true and that we can receive answers to our questions when we read it. I know that I am where I am supposed to be and that I am supposed to go to Washington. Have a great week everyone! Keep on Smiling :)

 

Eu amo voces!

- Sister Kaycee Davis

 

No comments:

Post a Comment