Monday, May 13, 2013

Week 4 (One awsome month)


Week  4 13 May 2013

Ola everyone!

 So um mes...one month...yep thats right today marked my one month mark as a missionary! Its gone so fast!

 My biggest news of the week is something that happened yesterday. As of yesterday night I can now recite Meu Proposito (my purpose, from PMG) and the Primeiro Visao (the First vision)! So needless to say I am very happy with that small step of progress I made. The funny thing is I recited both things in our classroom and so there was a small crowd...4 sisters (including my companions) and 2 elders. Everyone cheered when I finished ha ha. They all know how much I have been struggling with the language and so it was super exciting that I said anything in Portuguese.

 This Thursday I will be getting my reassignment. So that is kind of exciting. People are getting reassigned all over the U.S. so it will be interesting to see where I end up!

 I had an interview with one of our branch presidency counselors on Sunday and he gave me an interesting assignment. He challenged me to pray and ask that I see myself as God sees me. He said I would be amazed at what I find out. I havent really found out yet, but I think that is something I definitely need to find out.

 One of my favorite scriptures has become Alma 26:27...actually I love that whole chapter. I think I need to apply that verse to my life. When things get hard I need to keep going and be patient. Being patient is not easy but I love what the end of that verse says, "bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success." I know this is true, how else would I have been able to memorize the things I memorized if I had not been patient? I know that when we work hard, are humble, and patient then we can do great things and learn more then we think we are capable of learning.

Well, I think thats about it. I guess I will share a quick testimony in Portuguese... Eu sei que O Livro de Mormon e verdadeiro. Translation... I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I am learning so much and I am so grateful for the chance to be a missionary and serve our Heavenly Father. I hope everyone has a great week...keep on smiling :)

Eu amo voces!
 -Sister Kaycee Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment