Monday, February 3, 2014

week 42 A sunBEAM

February 3, 2014
Oi!
Well this week was pretty awesome! We had transfers, I am staying here in Yakima and my new companion is Sister Steen. She is straight from the MTC. We get along so well. Actually its kind of amazing how well we get along. This should be a great transfer :)
By the way...GO SEAHAWKS! Ha ha...I heard the super bowl wasn't all that great. We did weekly planning during it, but we could hear the neighbors yelling when something happened.
We had a lesson with our investigator Angie this week and she has completely stopped smoking which means...she is getting baptized on February 14th! We have been praying for her a lot so that she will be able to continue to not smoke. She is struggling a little bit but I know that prayer works and that if we keep praying for her she will be ok.
We also met with our investigator Ted and his 3 grandkids this week. We try to include the kids in the lessons and at one of our lessons we sang a lot of primary songs. We must have sang "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam" about 5 times and of course we had to jump up every time it says 'Sunbeam.' That was a workout ha ha...but the kids loved it :) And the spirit was definitely there while we were singing.
Well I think that's about it. Just so you know...its snowing right now...yuck. I cant wait for winter to be over ha ha. Well have a great week and keep on smiling :)
Eu amo voces!
 -Sister Kaycee Davis
P.S.- pictures...We straightened my hair, and that is also our first companionship picture :) And that's Sister Steen and I out in the snow right before we started emailing today

No comments:

Post a Comment