Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Week 27

October 21, 2013

A conferencia de zona


Ola!

So this week went so fast...probably since P-day was on Wednesday last week.

We had zone conference this week. It was so good and I learned a lot.
The main focus was working with the members and how we can get them
excited to share the gospel. One thing our mission president asked us
to do was what is called a 40 day fast. So we get rid of things in our
life that are distracting us from been the best missionaries we can
be. President Ware told us that he had been a little distracted lately
and it really affected how he was working. One thing he said was- "you
cannot have one foot in the Lord's work and one foot in distraction."
I think that is so true. We are a lot more effective when we are fully
focused on serving the Lord and the people we are around. The cool
thing to is the 40 day fast ends around Thanksgiving.

At zone conference we also divided into groups for different classes.
One of them was a game of jepordy with general conference quotes and
scriptures. I was the only sister on my team and sister Ware was
sitting in the room to observe. Well Sister Ware must like me a little
bit because although she didnt directly tell me any answers she did
look at my conference notes and would nod her head when I was on the
right page so I could find the person who said the quote. The Ware's
are awesome, I'm glad I got to see them.

Our investigator Angie came to church again on Sunday and she brought
her brother! They both liked the meeting and are planning on coming
next week.

Well I hope everyone has a great week! Keep on smiling, I love you all!

Eu amo voces!
Sister Kaycee Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment