Friday, August 16, 2013

Week 17


August 12, 2013

Ola!

 So in case you want an update on my allergic reaction, I am completely better now. I have to carry a epypen everywhere I go, but hopefully I will never have to use it.

 Some good news this week is that we are hopefully going to have a baptism this Saturday! Its a little bit of a strange and difficult situation though because Riley (the young man getting baptized) doesn't live in our ward or stake boundaries, so we have to get a lot of permission to get him baptized in our ward. He has been going to our ward for 8 months and is very comfortable in our ward. We had him try out the ward he is supposed to go to but he didn't feel comfortable there, so hopefully we can get everything worked out so he can be baptized on Saturday! It’s amazing how happy I feel about Riley getting baptized. He wasn't sure a few days ago about being baptized on Saturday but yesterday he told us he wants to be baptized then! I don't even know how to explain the joy I felt when he told us...it’s just amazing :)

 Some bad news...we have transfers this week and Sister Funk is getting transferred. So I am staying here. I am so nervous, I don't feel like I know this area very well yet. Our district leader asked me yesterday if I was nervous and he said that's a good thing ha ha...I'm not sure why that's a good thing. It probably has to be with being humble, and realizing that I do need help every day.

 Well, I think that’s about it for this week! Have a great week and keep on smiling :)

Eu amo voces!

 Sister Kaycee Davis

P.S.- The picture...that lid thingy says K.I.D do not drink. We see this all over one of the neighborhoods in our area, we don't know what it means :

 

No comments:

Post a Comment