Monday, August 5, 2013

Week 16 Fouth Month


Who knew pancakes could be so bad?
Hello everyone!

 How's it going? This week was pretty great...well for the most part. Our stake did mini missions for some of the priests and laurels, and so we got to host a girl named Rachel. It was a lot of fun and we really hope she had a good time. The worst part was definitely that a lady tried to Bible bash with us. We had met her a few days before and she invited us to come over, turns out she just needed a few days to get prepared with scriptures. We felt pretty bad that Rachel had to go through that, we just told her that she got introduced to every aspect of missionary work with that experience ha ha.

 Yesterday was kind of scary and crazy. So we had dinner at a members house and she made gluten free pancakes...keep in mind I am allergic to tree nuts and so the pancakes probably had nut flour in them. Well while I was eating my mouth started to itch. I didn't think much about this. Then after our spiritual thought I knew I was having an allergic reaction, I took some benadril and thought I'd be ok. We had forgotten something at home so we when home and my reaction got worse. I got a blessing and then after some thought the Perry's drove us to urgent care. By the time we got there I was bright red, had hives, and couldn't breath very well. I was admitted right away. They hooked me up to an IV and gave me some more benadril and some steroids because my face was all swollen. And I used an epiy pen for the first time ever. So I'm fine now, it just really scared me and Sister Funk too. 

 Besides the allergic reaction we had a pretty good week. I started reading Mosiah and I love reading King Benjamin's words. By the way...the other sisters in our district stole Oso from us, don't worry we're going to get him back ha ha. Well I hope you all have a great week! Keep on smiling :)
 
Eu amo voces!
 Sister Kaycee Davis

P.S.- one picture is us with our mini missionary. The other is my allergic reaction...can you tell I'm super red and my face swelled up?

No comments:

Post a Comment