Monday, September 22, 2014

week 75 Vai com Deus

September 22, 2014


Oi!
 Well this week was definitely not the best week, but I've decided I'm not going to focus on that, and I'll only focus on the miracles :)
 We had zone conference this week and it was so great! We had a few small classes and in one of them we were given 5 minutes to write a  talk on repentance, and we were told that President Young would chose one of us to share our talk. Imagine my surprise when I am called to give the talk! But it went well :) Then imagine my surprise when we walked into church on Sunday and our bishop asked me to give a talk! I was so nervous and worried that no one would understand me. But I prayed and felt so much comfort that everything would be ok. Heavenly Father answers our prayers, no matter how small :)
In case your wondering, I am pretty sure this is my last opportunity to email all of you, because next Monday we will be going to Vitoria. I just want to say how much I love my mission. In Preach My Gospel it talks about how our purpose is to help others come unto Christ. But the miracle of a mission is that as you are helping others come to Christ, you become closer to Him also. You learn that He really is our Savior and also our brother. And as you learn about Him, you learn about yourself too and realize you do need His help every minute of every day. I am so grateful I decided to serve a mission. Its been a crazy, fast, hard, but amazing 18 months and I have learned so much. People keep telling me that my mission is basically over but really its just begun. The gospel of Jesus Christ is true, we have a living prophet, the Book of Mormon is the word of God, my family is eternal, Heavenly Father loves us no matter how many mistakes we make, and Jesus Christ is my Savior and He knows exactly how to help me because He's been through everything I am going through. I am sad to go home but I know Heavenly Father has a plan for me when I get there.
 Well I really hope that made sense :) I hope you all have a great week, I love all of you so much! Keep on smiling :)
Eu amo voces!
 -Sister Kaycee Davis
P.S.- "vai com Deus" means "go with God" everyone here says it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment