Monday, May 19, 2014

week 57 Macaco

May 19, 2014

  Oi!

Well Brazil seems to get more and more interesting every week. Like this week....I saw 3 monkeys (macacos) in a tree. Monkeys....outside of a zoo...weird. We also ate fried bananas this week, they are actually really good. And thats just two of the interesting things this week.

So my Portuguese is getting a little bit better, it is definitely hard. But I know Heavenly Father helps me everyday. Even with just recognizing a few words in a sentence.

We have been doing a lot of walking so I have a lot of time to think. One of my companions and I kind of had a short conversation about how this is the work of the Lord. If this was my work I probably would be home right now because it is hard. But its not my work, its His and He has given me the amazing calling of being a missionary and I'm grateful that I get to assist in His work.  When I feel like giving up because I'm tired, or frustrated I just have to do as Henry B. Eyring said and "REMEMBER HIM". He is my Savior and I am never alone while doing His work. 

 Well I think thats about it. The only other thing I can think of is that I'm making my companions pancakes today. They are really excited ha ha, hopefully they turn out good!

 I hope you all have a great week! Keep on smiling!

Eu amo voces!
-Sister Kaycee Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment