Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Leaving

I leave for my mission in less than 24 hours. Where did the last 4 months go?! The purpose of this blog is to keep people updated on my mission and how I am doing and I hope that I can help people back at home as well as the people in Brazil. I feel like I should give some of you preparing for missions some advice...

1. When you get doubts about whether going on a mission is the right choice, remember how you felt when you received your answer on deciding to serve. And always remember that Heavenly Father does not put doubts in your mind.
2. If you have to get a visa, start working on it right away! Getting a visa to Brazil is a lot of work, and it is disappointing when it doesn't come in on time for you to go to the Brazil MTC and you have to go to the Provo MTC instead.
3. Talk to returned missionaries and ask them for advice, they will gladly give it to you :)
4. Go to lessons with the full-time missionaries, its a great experience and you learn so much.
5. Have faith that you were called to your mission for a reason. I have no idea why I was called to the Brazil Vitoria mission but I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for me, and everything will be ok.
6. Study preach my gospel and go to the temple as often as you can.

Well, I guess that's it. That's the best advice I can give, hope it helps someone! I hope everyone has a great 18 months! Write me a letter every once in a while, I'll try to write you back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment